In this article:
- Browsing for and playing Scenes in a Space
- Triggering Events
- View Scene information
- Lock/unlock a Space
You can manage Scene playback in a Space from the Now Playing screen. You can navigate here by tapping a Space from the Spaces view.
The card on the bottom gives you controls to:
- Browse for and play Scenes by tapping Scenes.
- View and trigger Scene Events for the currently loaded Scene by tapping Events.
- View the Scene metadata for the currently loaded Scene by tapping Info.
Browsing for and playing Scenes in a Space
Tap Scenes in the bottom card to show a list of Scenes that have already been added to Space.
- Tap any Scene in the list to load and play it in the Space.
- To only load a Scene and not initiate playback, for any given Scene tap ••• → Load
- To remove a Scene from a Space, for any given Scene tap ••• → Remove from [Space]
Account and Shared Scenes
Tap Browse Scene Library to browse for a full list of Scenes and add them to your Space. You can browse through two sections for a list of available Scenes:
- Account — a list of Scenes that are available for your specific Spatial account.
- Shared — a list of Spatial Shared Scenes that are available to everyone.
To add a Scene to a Space:
- Tap the Scene tile
- Tap Add Scene to Space
- The Scene will be added to the Space.
A Scene has already been added to the Space if there is a checkmark in the top right corner of a Scene tile.
Tap Events in the bottom card to display any available Input Events for the currently loaded Scene. Tap the Event name to trigger a behavior within the Scene.
To learn more about Events, check out Spatial Studio > Input Events.
View Scene Information
Tap Info in the bottom card to display more information about the currently loaded Scene like the Scene name, description, and notes.
Lock/unlock a Space
To lock or unlock a Space, tap the ellipses in the top right corner of the Now Playing view.
If a Space is locked, the status of the Space is indicated with a lock icon on the Now Playing screen. Locking a Space disables playback control like playing/stopping a Scene, changing the volume, and changing the currently loaded Scene. Refer to User Roles and Permissions to see what types of users have the permissions to lock/unlock a Space.