In This Article:
Speaker placement and density depends on the available space and the desired experience. For fully immersive and lifelike sound, Spatial recommends speakers that are installed at floor level, chest level, and high ceiling speakers to create an all encompassing sound field in a Space. However, Spatial does not require any rigid speaker placements — Spatial Reality can adapt to any sized Space, with any number of speakers installed. Here are a few suggestions based on your Space.
- 6-12 speakers, 1 subwoofer.
- In general, speakers should be placed 7-10ft apart.
- Speakers installed at around 54" from the floor.
- Pendant or ceiling speakers to enable overhead sounds, if possible.
Medium to Large Spaces
- Floor speakers installed 0-6" from the floor
- Chest level speakers installed at 54" for the floor
- High speakers installed at 84-108" from the floor
- Ceiling/pendant speakers as high as possible.
- Multiple floor subwoofers, based on the layout. Subwoofers can also be installed in the ceiling to support the pendant speakers.
- Speakers in larger spaces can be spaced out more than smaller Spaces since the layout at different heights allows for better imaging.
- Use the same principles as medium/large Spaces
- Place speakers opportunistically based on the layout.
- For overhead sounds, speakers can be installed high up on trees.
- In-ground subwoofers can be utilized for a powerful, yet discrete punch.
- Underwater pool speakers work too.
To create a completely immersive listener experience, we recommend using invisible wall speakers, in-wall speakers, in-wall subwoofers, sub-floor speakers, and pendant speakers high in the ceiling are preferred.