In this article:
- Have your sign-in details handy
- Get your hardware equipment ready
- Review best practices for speaker placement
- Download Spatial Reality on your dedicated playback computer
Have your sign-in details handy.
When you were invited to Spatial — you should have received your sign-in details along with a temporary password. This is your main Spatial sign-in that you will use to log into all of the applications — Reality, Studio and Control. You will be prompted to change your temporary password the first time you log into any of the applications.
Get your hardware equipment ready.
You will need a few things to set up an optimal Spatial experience.
- A dedicated computer to run Spatial Reality. (Ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements).
Note: Spatial Reality and Spatial Studio can’t run on the same computer.
- Audio equipment to drive your immersive audio experience:
- A multichannel audio interface (or networked audio amplifier) to connect to your computer running Spatial Reality
- Speakers (active, or with separate amplification)
- A different computer to run Spatial Studio — if you plan on creating content.
Note: Spatial Studio and Spatial Reality can't run on the same computer
- iOS device to run Spatial Control — your main tool to control playback, manage your account and set up your Spaces.
Review best practices for speaker placement.
Speaker placement and density depends on the available space and the desired experience. For fully immersive and real sound, Spatial recommends speakers that are installed at floor level, chest level, and high ceiling speakers to create an all-encompassing sound field in a Space. However, Spatial does not require any rigid speaker placements — Spatial Reality can adapt to any sized Space, with any number of speakers installed. Review the best practices guide in detail.
Download Spatial Reality on your dedicated playback computer.
Along with your temporary sign-in details — the welcome email will also contain downloads links for the Spatial applications including Spatial Reality.
Download the Spatial Reality installer package on your playback computer — we’ll guide you through setting it up.